Equestrian bronze, on a small pedestal. Cp. the the present bronze with SZ-14 bronze.
The object was in possession of René Wehrli who was director of the Kunsthaus Zürich from 1950 to 1976. Probably he acquired this object and HU-6 bronze from art trade. Until the eighties the object was preserved as item on loan in the Kunsthaus Zürich with the inventory number 1962/2. Because of the realignment of the museum in the eighties at which all antiquities were excluded from the permanent exhibition the bronze returned in the private possession of René Wehrli. In 1992 Stefan Schumacher could autopsy and integrate the bronze in Schumacher 2004. Since Wehrlis death however the bronze seems to be lost.
|Robert D. Gempeler, Werke der Antike im Kunsthaus Zürich [= Sammlungsheft 5], Zürich: Kunsthaus Zürich 1976.