Steinberg am Rofan
From Thesaurus Inscriptionum RaeticarumJump to navigationJump to search
|Coordinates:||47° 30' 55.00" N, 11° 47' 46.00" E|
When the first rock wall with Raetic inscriptions was found in 1957 below the Schneidjoch at ca. 1530 m a.s.l., the site was thought to lie within the municipal area of Steinberg am Rofan. It has since turned out that the petrograph site does in fact belong to the community Brandenberg, but the inscriptions continue to be referred to as the Steinberg inscriptions. Therefore, the sigla code "ST" for "Steinberg" as established by Schumacher 1992 has been retained in TIR.